Concerning mealworms

Kenobi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My Emperor is just new, only 2 months old, and is therefore still tiny.
The guy I bought him from suggested that I just feed him mealworms (incapacitated) until he gets bigger, because he's too small to take live crickets at the moment.
I thought that since it will be some months before he's large enough for crickets, is there anything I can feed the mealworms so that my Emperor will get a wider range of nutrients etc?

BadBikaDamo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I feed mine leafy veg, roamane lettuce, cabbage leaves, carrot peelings etc

Good luck

Damo

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
meal worms seem to eat just about everything. some people have even fed them prekilled mice

i stay away from leaf greens unless they orgranic AND pesticide free.

any vegs i do feed my feeders i peel first, and then throw the peels away. typically the peels are where any pesticides that the flora has been exposed to will concentrate

BadBikaDamo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The peels are where a lot of the vitamins are. I too use mostly organic, but you can use a steriliser to clean them if you wish as we do in chef trade (Baby' bottle cleanser / steriliser powder (Miltons in the UK)) Pesticides are water slouble and tend to pass through the body rapidly, vitamins are fat soluble (Mealworms are high in fats) and tend to be retaind in the fatty tissues for longer. Also, commercial bug grub is available.

Alternativly, buy more scorps, use up the worms before they starve :D

Damo