How long before they flip back over after a molt?

jenniferinny

Arachnoknight
I never watched a molt before, but, just happened to get to see my 1" g. aureostriata sling molt. He's completely out of the molt, but, he's still lying on his back with his legs up in the air. How long do they stay like that normally?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
For slings that size, I'd say anywhere from 15 min to 45 min. Maybe 1hr tops, but that is unlikely. How long ago did it molt?

jenniferinny

Arachnoknight
Darn it, it's been on it's back over an hour since the molt, and it looks like it's got one set of legs spread out, and another set of legs still curled up to it abdomen.. Or, does the abdomen just have ridges in it when they first molt?
Oops, just had every other leg up, but, hey it just flipped over..Yay

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Darn it, it's been on it's back over an hour since the molt, and it looks like it's got one set of legs spread out, and another set of legs still curled up to it abdomen.. Or, does the abdomen just have ridges in it when they first molt?
Oops, just had every other leg up, but, hey it just flipped over..Yay
Haha wow so much for my average timing..:eek: No really, mine usually flip between the time periods I have given. Anyways, congrats on the successful molt!

Jonathan Rice

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I can only imagine how "exhausted" tarantulas are after molts. You ask an excellent question with no one answer! I agree with Novak, anywhere from 15min to an hour, more perhaps, Wait until you see a t molt on its side or standing up, just amazing!