Molting Questions...

The_Thunderer

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well, firstly, I have a 1" G. aureostriata that molted a few days ago. He's sealed himself off from the rest of the world and molted in there. The only reason I know is because he made his burrow under a piece of corkbark which was against the side of his KK. Sooo, I can peer into the hole and see him (mostly, there is a corner that I cannot see into). My questions are... how long before he's "hardened" from the molting process? Will he "unseal" himself when he's finished or should I remove the corkbark and replace it when he's come out?

Secondly, I have an L. parahybana sling that has "sealed" himself off from the rest of the world - presumably to molt. Unlike the T above, he did this in the middle of his KK where I cannot see him. How long should I give him before I check in on him?

Thanks in advance for your assistance. :D

tmanjim

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Just let them be. Could take a few days or a couple weeks, keep misting. They will emerge when they are ready.

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
should I remove the corkbark and replace it when he's come out?

check in on him?
Keeping it short: don't and don't. {D You're only likely to hurt them, and they're smart enough to come out when they've got their strength back and want some dinner. :)