Dwarf Tarantulas

Mallard

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I am looking for names of dwarf tarantulas to add to my collection. I have only two at the moment. The Holothele Incei and the Cyriocosmus Elegans.
Thanks
Jason

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
E pachypus: "Stout Leg Baboon" or "Tanzanian Stout Leg" I think the females get just over 4" but the males are teeny.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Aren't P. scrofa considered dwarfs as well?

Also, i'm not sure technically what does and does not constitute a dwarf species but i believe that all of the holothele's are a bit on the wee side.

Steven.WK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Avicularia minatrix is a dwarf aboreal species. They are about 3.5" as adults. There are other Cyriocosmus species out there that stay pretty small.

Last edited:

8Pat

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi!
I went on becca's site. Are those body lenghts (from front of cephalothorax to tip of abdomen)?
Thanks!
8Pat

GailC

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Those size are including the legs, usually measured from a front leg tip to the opposite back leg tip.

skooma_addict

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I don't know what makes it a dwarf, but if it's leg span I believe Tapanauchenius are another smaller arborial type. T. gigas is the largest and they max at like 4.5-5". Pokies on the other hand...:D

tarsier

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
If im not mistaken, lots of us Filipino hobbyists have sent lots of P.baeri specimens to North American hobbyists these past few years. P.baeri should be reasonably easy to obtain in Ontario :)