spring water or distilled water

chyguy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i live in hot springs arkansas we have all the free spring water we want here. iam wanting to know is it safe to use spring water to water my critters or should i be using distilled water also does anyone use tap? ihave been using spring water but just wanted to know what anyone thinks about that.
thanks chyguy

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The quality of tap water varies from locality to locality. The quality is pretty high where I live, so I use tap. I am in the habit of using a chemical dechlorinator to treat it, but it's probably not needed.

The spring water you're usisng is probably fine, I assume you actually collect it yourself? Do people drink it? If people are dricnking it, it's probably OK for the inerts too. There are NO regulations on the bottled water industry however, so anyone purchasing water for their inverts may not be getting what they think.

Distilled water, because it as almost no minerals disolved in it, is actually somewhat "corrosive" (probably not quite the right word). Most sources I've read recomend against it as a primary water source, but it is good for misting (if you have anything that actually needs misting) because it won't leave the whitish mineral deposits on glass or plastic.

Wade