Grammostola sp. concepcion

Lucara

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I just picked up a 3.5"-4" G. concepcion. Has anyone else seen them around? How common are they and what is the usual going price?

Luca Torelli

Arachnopeon

Lucara

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I picked mine up at the Tampa show in Florida. It said it was the first time in the US but I bought it for $25 so I wasn't completely sure. The more that I look it up though the more that I believe it! As soon as I get my camera back I will take pictures of her!

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
there has been much debate on this. i highly doubt it is P scrofa :rolleyes: i've talked to many germans who have imported this species into germany, and they believe that it is just a name that people in chile stamp on a Red phase rosea to make it sell better... however i talk to a couple chilean T dealers and they say it is different, though a lot of these "concepcion" are from the same locality as the rosea and rcf rosea... not sure how accurate either one is, but i'd LOVE to get my hands on a concepcion and look at some characteristics. but honestly -- i'd REAAAAALy love grammostola sp north, and was about to get some, but i guess that won't be happening :(

penny'smom

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I also doubt this is a P scrofa as the mirror patch is the wrong shape and color. I would lean towards the rosea RCF, since the mirror patch matches the patch on my rosea, who is the tan/brown form.

Here is a good shot of Penny's mirror patch

Here is my scrofa sling "Sonoi"

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

Lucara

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I'm not sure I really dont know alot about this species at all =/. I do know that when it was in the box at the show, its legs reminded me of the cambridgei's legs. Not sure why but it did! =D Its friggin awsome looking anyway!! Argh...I want my camera..

SouthernStyle

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've seen a Lot of these come into the market lately, People are calling them Everything from Chilean Fire's to Chilean Flames... And even labeling them as their OLD school latin name...
Most of these that are in the market now are Just G.Rosea RCF's....I had the same question with mine back when I bought her from Glades, And She Turned out to be that RCF...Esentially, Just a BRIGHT Red Rosy...Pretty Cool Tarantulas Though, And mine seems to have the same temperment as a regular G.Rosea Would...Not even in the SLIGHTEST bit agressive....
Here's a Couple Pix of What she looks like...just for Referance ;)

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I just picked up a 3.5"-4" G. concepcion. Has anyone else seen them around? How common are they and what is the usual going price?
Can you please post ventral images? With emphasis on the scopulae of the metatarsus...

Eric

Lucara

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I currently dont have my camera but I will see if I can find one around the house.

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Can you please post ventral images? With emphasis on the scopulae of the metatarsus...

Eric
That's what i was curious about.

The T in SouthernStyle's pics don't depict the same characteristics on the metatarsus as shown on the link. The pics on the link it is so obvious it can easily be seen even from the dorsal view.

SouthernStyle

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That's what i was curious about.

The T in SouthernStyle's pics don't depict the same characteristics on the metatarsus as shown on the link. The pics on the link it is so obvious it can easily be seen even from the dorsal view.
I'll See if I can snag a better pic of her when I get back home....Then We'll go from there ;)

Lucara

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Oh! I see what your looking for! I'm not so good with the technical parts of T's but after studying the pictures I understand now. Lemmy go check on the camera thing.

Lucara

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Oookay, my moms camera is a piece of crap so I'm going to have to wait until I can get my camera back which will hopefully be in a day or two. I do know that its the tarantula from the link that I sent. It has a the little flairs near the end of the toes or tarsels. Thats prolly why I thought its legs looked like the cambridgei's =P. Anyway, I will get a vent pic and a full body pic of it as soon as I get my camera.
I love its attitude! It lets me pick it up and flip it over. Lol =D Very cool little spider.

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Oookay, my moms camera is a piece of crap so I'm going to have to wait until I can get my camera back which will hopefully be in a day or two. I do know that its the tarantula from the link that I sent. It has a the little flairs near the end of the toes or tarsels. Thats prolly why I thought its legs looked like the cambridgei's =P. Anyway, I will get a vent pic and a full body pic of it as soon as I get my camera.
I love its attitude! It lets me pick it up and flip it over. Lol =D Very cool little spider.
Very cool - yeah those 'flairs' (high tech term - lol) were the first things i noticed. Can't wait to see yours. Very interesting. Its metatarsus definately looks different than any G. rosea i've ever seen. Congrats!

Last edited: