premolt?

bio teacher

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Lat night I fed my 1/2" A. seemanni spiderling 2 small crickets. One went down its burrow and was caught and eaten immediately. When I woke up this morning the second cricket was still alive. I took off the lid to the vial and noticed that the sling had closed the entrance to its burrow with the substrate (peat moss) and not a web. Is this a sign that the sling is getting ready to molt. I got it in the mail last week and it has eaten 4 crickets in a week.

spartybassoon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It's possible. Remove the uneaten cricket and offer it again in a day or two, but if it isn't eaten in a couple of hours, remove it again and repeat. Sooner or later your T will molt, and you do not want that cricket in there at the same time.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I don't think it's going to molt soon. But it will eventually. It does not take much to fill up a 1/2 sling. I have found that a lot of my slings that size eat only one big meal before hunkering down and waiting to molt. That molt won't be in the next few days but more like the next few weeks is my guess.