P. liosoma

Bear Foot Inc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well i'm getting 3 new scorps next week (From ChrisNCT)
They are: H. arizonsesis about 4", B jacksoni about 3" and P. liosoma about 3"

Anyway i could only find one sting report on the liosoma, and that was not too encouraging... lol If anyone has had an experience with these guys and can post it that would be great.
Also any tips would be cool!!

~Samuel

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
the care is just like any other parabuthus spp. If your worried about the venom, the best course of action is to not get stung. A gun is more lethal than a scorpion, but as long as you leave it in the case and dont shoot yourself it wont hurt you.

John

Bear Foot Inc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
No i'm not worried about the venom. i was joking about that, i have a bunch of pokies right now, and your right, the best bet is to just not give them a chance to tag you.
I just was wondering if anyone had any tips about that particular scorp.

~Samuel

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Keep hot and dry. Between 80-87F on dry substrate. Not really a difficult species to keep

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
well they like heat...period. Mine seems to be out at all times of the day. I keep them in mix of peat and sand for burrowing... But thats only because she's gravid they don't really burrow.

Bear Foot Inc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So all sand would not be good? Should i use dry beadabest? How about rocks? Do they like a rock pile?

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i keep mine on straight dry sand,small shallow waterdish(just in case)piece of corkhide to go under,that's how i keep all of my hot desert scorps.they do great:) i'd be careful of rocks,only because they can topple on the scorp,if the scorp chooses to go in between them.

Bear Foot Inc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'd make sure i'd glue um to the back of the tank.
Sounds good guys, i'll post phots next week.

~Samuel

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Keep on sand, dry peat or a mixture of both. Stack some stones, wood etc for them to hide under. Provide water in a 2 liter soda cap about once a month