how long till i should start worrying?

whitehaze2008

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ok i have a fem versicolor about to molt into maturity.....and she has been closed up in her tube web for about a week now.

She wont eat, and wont drink.
I am assuming she is in premolt...but i have never had a avic in premolt.
My question is, how long till i should start worrying?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'd say a week is nothing to worry about. You should only start worrying if you get a foul smell from her enclosure, because avics naturally hide in their tube webs for long periods of time. If you have a flashlight just shine it through the webbing to see what shes up to real quick.

whitehaze2008

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
no i can see her, she is moving around and stuff its just she is not eating....how long should i expect her to be in premolt?

Quixtar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
no i can see her, she is moving around and stuff its just she is not eating....how long should i expect her to be in premolt?
Ts can go months without eating. Don't worry about her. My versicolor was in pre-molt for about a month.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
A couple days to a couple weeks. Ts can go a long time without food, just make sure you mist the enclosure once or twice a week and keep a full waterdish in her enclosure. Good luck, I hope she molts out soon and successfully for you.