Music and Tarantulas.

problemchildx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have heard people say that when they play certain music, their spiders showed varied behavior.

Well I just had to test this out.. So I put in my pink floyd - pulse cd and directed the speakers toward my Ts. (Not too loud)
A couple reactions:
My p irminia, which was hiding in a deep hole sleeping 10 minutes beforehand has made her way slowly and now sits on the side closest to the speakers.
My g aureostriata was presumably "napping" in her burrow, but she came out immediately and is now pressed up close against the cage, almost passionately :p

The others haven't done much from the musical influence.

What kind of music do your spiders "enjoy"? :D

Phil Hall

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
All of my T' s listen to Led Zep and The Black Crowes , whether they like it or not......:D

problemchildx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah couple mins ago I played the rain song and achilles last stand, needless to say they are glued to their seat like I will be when I go to their reunion tour in '08. *wishful thinking* I hear that they are going to though, with john bonham's son on drums..

They also take to beatles, but I tried a couple rappish hip hop songs and they retreated a bit...

thedude

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
dude pink floyd... NIIIICEE.. im have to throw in dark side or animals and see how my little buggers react

Pulk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I play lots of music, different types, sometimes, loud, and the three Ts on my desk (A. reversum, G. rosea, P. murinus) have NEVER shown ANY response to it.

problemchildx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very interesting pulk.. I have had the music off for a few minutes now and my aureo is trying to climb the wall of its cage kind of like *please give me an encore!*

The reason I know it's the music for sure is that it had been hiding in it's tunnel for about 4 hours prior to this..

Animals has got to be on my top 5 fave albums..
Also including Kill Em' All, possibly the God of all metal albums.

Damien

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I named my male and female Vagans after songs by the Levellers, and while mating them put that band on in the background. They took forever to get it on, and finally did to the tune of Beautiful Day...

problemchildx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hmm isn't beautiful day by U2?

Maybe I'm confused, because I don't know of the levellers.

good story though :D

If I ever attempt breeding I will play "Let's get it on"!

:evil:

Damien

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Different Beautiful Day.

You should listen to the Levellers some time. Folk/punk rock from the South of England. If it's good enough for my spiders to have sex by, it's good enough for anyone.

problemchildx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Different Beautiful Day.

You should listen to the Levellers some time. Folk/punk rock from the South of England. If it's good enough for my spiders to have sex by, it's good enough for anyone.
hahaha I'll be sure to check it out! The british punk scene is pretty awesome, IMO.. I can't stand american punk.

Damien

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm extremely partial to a bit of Bad Religion.

I like the British punk scene, though because of my long hair when in a punk moshpit all I tend to hear is "aim for the f*****g hippie!"

-Sarah-

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My tarantulas get a good dose of whatever I'm feeling like that particular day: Ozzy, Def Leppard, Pink Floyd, Tears For Fears, Led Zeppelin, The Who, Demon Hunter, Dire Straits... :rolleyes: Even my Avicularias and G. rosea will start walking around and looking.

What tarantula wouldn't like "Photograph", "Crazy Train" or "Money For Nothin'?" :D

-Sarah

Last edited:

problemchildx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just about the only american punk bands I like are SOME bad religion, rise against, casualties, SOME NOFX, and Antiflag

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Black metal and grindcore.

My T's are fans of Emperor and Ackercocke. To the point that when my P. rufilata escaped, he headed straight toward a speaker and settled in the sub hole!!!