p.liosoma

Andrew

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I finally found a p.liosoma for sale. It says its about 2'' long,Is that small? So i need some captive care info. whats the venom like i know its quite strong. How would you compare it to hottentotta trilluneatus.

Frank

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Caresheet: http://www.invertcare.com/caresheets/scorpions/Parabuthus/Parabuthusliosoma.html

Robert from Arachnomania (as I think that your 2" scorp is from his pricelist) is a very good dealer by the way.. :) His 2" might count all the scorp, from the chela to the telson. (I'm refering to the scorps I bought from him, which were 1" on the list and they are doing 1" from chela to telson).. So get a ruler and check it out how long it is :)

Don't forget to get googles ;)

Frank

Last edited:

jper26

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I havent had any problems with mine the bigger of the 2 is more active while the smaller one always hides. The smaller one doesent eat as much the big one will usually eat when i put a cricket in. I actually found both of mine at a pet store offcourse i had too buy them. I keep mine in a peat sand mixture they seem too do good in that.

Andrew

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
thanks

Thanks how should i water them? and feeding them?

Solar Dart

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You can use a shallow water dish if you want, but they take most of their water from the things they kill. So really, the dish is not necessary. At least I have not found it to be.

I feed mine 1 large cricket a week. Seeing as the scorpion itself is only slightly bigger than the cricket, I don't think he'd need more than that.

XOskeletonRED

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
There are no Parabuthus scorpions that I am aware of which live in natural conditions that provide any descent amount of rainfall per year. All of them, that I know of, dwell in extremely dry climates. Make sure their meals are well fed and watered so they may gain all the nutrients they may require. P. leiosoma can be a great pet scorp and if fed heavily (until their fill), are much more active at night and can occasionally be seen during the daytime as well. My P. leiosoma females eat more in quantity than my larger P. transvaalicus females and are much more aggressive while doing so.

adios,
edw. =D

Andrew

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
are they communal, whats there juice like(venom)? whats there full gron size?

CID143ti

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
No, they are not supposed to be communal; however, I have heard of a few people keeping a pair in ten gallon. Check out this thread for some more info:

http://www.arachnopets.com/arachnoboards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9710

I wouldn’t recommend getting stung by one. From what I understand, they have a fairly hot sting. The sting shouldn’t be life threatening for a healthy adult; however, this may not be the case for someone with an allergic reaction.

I believe they will attain a maximum length of 3.5 to 4 inches.

W. Smith