Which one of your Ts hides alot?

ahas

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Mine is my Heteroscodra Maculata. I see it like ones in two months. I wish I could see her more. :(

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
C. crawshayi. Haven't seen it since the day it dug its burrow.

-Sean

ahas

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Do you guys use a flashlight at night to check if they' re out?

Rochelle

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
...we check every night around 3am...use a red light; it wont disturb them, as they cant see it.!
Our P.irminia is out alot....even during the day!
The ones I NEVER see are the P.lugardi and the H.minax...they are almost like imaginary pets...lol
Even the OBTs are out more often...:(

penny'smom

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Flighti (smithi sling) likes to hide down between it's film cannister hide and the bottom curve of the tub. Silly thing doesn't seem to know I can still see it. LOL.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i most never see my malaysian earthtiger,and when i do she's bigger and bigger! my togo starburst is also never seen.

jeff1962

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My OBT, Stays webbed up in her log, I have only seen her out once in 2 months.

The_Thunderer

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I can actually "see" all of my T's (well, ALL being all 8 of them - but two more come today!!!).

I've arranged it so that their "hide" is up against the plastic so that if I turn around the container, I can see that they're alive and well.

My OBT has thoroughly webbed up his area, but I can still see him behind his corkbark.

My G. aureostriata "earthmover" can be seen as well. It has actually closed off the sides of the corkbark which is leaning against the glass making a little "cave" that I can peer into.

Before I transfered it to a smaller container, my B. boehmei had gone under a piece of corkbark and sealed off the end. I didn't see it for days. When I lifted the corkbark, it had dug quite a ways. I didn't know that Brachys actually did that, but there it was. NOW, its in plain view... climbing on the top of its KK.

Everyone else is in plain sight right now.

Last edited:

spartybassoon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My Heteroscodra maculatas are almost never out, except at night, and then they bolt at the slightest vibration. Also, my B. auratum doesn't come out, even at night. It just stay under its leaf all day long.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Believe it or not, I see less of my A anax than the H lividum or E murinus.

Kmatzy1228

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
b. smithi

My b.smithi has been comming out not that I added sphag moss and a red to my leapord gecko tank which is right next to the tank of my smithi. I went to check on her this morning and looked all around and she wasnt their....... I picked up the log she is usually under and she wasnt. She was on the rood of the log upside down and when I picked it up she had a spazz attack and jumped out and ran up my arm onto my shoulder.

abarth

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My Heteroscodra maculata. If I want to see her I would have to stay up all night, barely breathing while waiting for her.
A couple of times she has been running and jumping around in her terra in the middle of the day. She's a beauty, so it's a shame she wont show off more.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
My top 3 invisible Ts are P.murinus, H.maculata, and H.lividum, but the last 2 days I have seen these 3 as much as I would my G.rosea. I too use a flash light with a red filter on it to view my Ts at night.

thedude

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
g. rosea for me.. i never see my lil girl it's bin almost a month since i last saw her ....but that was me picking up her hide a bit to make sure she wasnt dead lol but before that it was going on 3 months

Mallard

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My Haplopelma Lividum is almost never seen. Occasionally I will catch a glimps of her in the early morning around feeding day.
Jason

Weird_Arachnid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
They're Just Shy :)

My B.angustum sling and my B.sabulosum sling hide the most. Mostly its when someone is looking at them.

ahas

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My top 3 invisible Ts are P.murinus, H.maculata, and H.lividum, but the last 2 days I have seen these 3 as much as I would my G.rosea. I too use a flash light with a red filter on it to view my Ts at night.

Paul, where would you buy a flashlight with red filter? Do you just make it?

thanks,

Fred

Kendar

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I see my B. Smithi all the time. I put a hide in there for her and everything, she just like relaxing on the dirt lol...and uncovering her hide :p (which is a clean clear urine test jar that I got for my cat but never used LOL, it was perfect size :p )