im getting worried....need input!

whitehaze2008

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
im really getting worried about my 3 and a half inch female versicolor. she has webbed herself up..... and refused food and water.
She has done this now for three weeks......

her colors are very dull and i was assuming that she was in pre-molt....but shouldnt she have molted by now?

any experianced avic keepers let me know your two cents!

thanks
DAVID

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
At 3 1/2 inches, three weeks is not unusual. I would expect her to molt anytime but if it goes another week of two and nothing has happened. Try uping the humidity a little.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yep I agree, just spray some water in there every so often avoiding the webbed area and wait it out. It could be a few more days it could be a few more weeks.

-Sarah-

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I totally agree with Jeremy and Ryan, it took my A. versicolor a little over 2 weeks for her to moult, but sometimes it can take 3 weeks or more. It took quite a long time for my A. avicularia to moult. Just mist in there occasionally to give her moisture and although this is a hard thing to do, just be patient! :D

-Sarah

whitehaze2008

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
crap

i know i am just worried sick...
i want to just rip the webbing away and make her run around like normal :?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well resist that urge because doing that might stress her out and in the long run kill her.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i know i am just worried sick...
i want to just rip the webbing away and make her run around like normal :?
Yea, don't do that. You have to be very patient with this hobby and Ts. She'll come out when she's good and ready. Good luck!

-Sarah-

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It's difficult to be patient, I went throught the same thing when I first started keeping tarantulas. You've just got to be patient and watch her - don't worry, she'll be fine! :)

-Sarah

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
exactly...........patience,just what everybody said,my female versi took forever to molt aswell,just give her time:)