Negative

I went to Valley Pets as I had never been there before and I wanted to look at their tarantulas and pick up some small crickets.

The store was filthy and what animals they had in stock did not look healthy. Cages were crawling with sugar ants. The deli cups with the tarantulas in them were even crawling with ants. The worker was totally unconcerned about the presence of the ants.

The prices were outrageous. They wanted to charge $130 for a juvie, unsexed Brazilian red and white... and they didn't even KNOW it was a Brazilian red and white; we had to tell them. The people who worked there seemed to be really unknowledgeable.

The customer service was extremely lacking. I asked the guy at the front desk for some help and he ended up just walking away. When we asked for help from him again he started a conversation with one of his co-workers and basically ignored us.

Needless to say I didn't pick up the crickets there. If there were ants crawling over everything I don't even want to know what would be swarming the cricket containers. Even if I wanted to get crickets the people working there OBVIOUSLY didn't want my money.

I will not be going back there for any reason and I would not recommend anyone waste their time on that store.