Mealworm Beetles

shaft3500

Arachnopeon
I have started a mealworm culture to keep my 2.5" female lasiodora parahybana fat and happy. my question is can i feed her the mealworm beetles after they have bred and before they die. i can't imagine why not, but didn't know if anyone has done this before. i try to vary my T's diet with mealworms, nightcrawlers and crickets, but haven't gave her anything with this hard of an exoskeleton yet.

Flagg

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I feed the freshly molted deformed beetles to my various slings and they eat them right up. I haven't tried the dark black healthy beetles.

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I feed the freshly molted deformed beetles to my various slings and they eat them right up. I haven't tried the dark black healthy beetles.

My T's love the beetles. Hearing the " crunch " is entertaining too :)

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I've tried with the beetles from superworms which are more or less the same just bigger. The rosea's wouldn't touch it but the smithi gobbled it right up.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i've not had great luckwith anythign eating the beetles... but some stuff will take them

lol. i love when prey gets crunched.

Kwadapok

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My little 3in L. para eats the beetles right up, likes the worms to but its more entertaining to watch it hunt for its prey.

Thoth

Arachnopharoah
Old Timer
My ts just ignore the beetles, not sure why. The only I have that would eat them are my tokays, but they'll eat anything that fits in their mouth.