strange avic sling setup

whitehaze2008

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hey guys

was wondering if this sounds like an idea.
I was wondering if this sounds like a good set up for the two baby purple pinktow slings i am getting.

i was thinking of putting them in a fish bowl, with there branches and stuff all like normal, but having a large deep dish of water that takes up the majority of the floor space, with panty hose stretched accross the top to keep the little spider from falling in. This was would keep the humidity up....
does anyone have any suggestions?

Steven.WK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Are you planning to put them into the same container? Which is not a good idea since you will have one very fat spider.

You just need to spray the tank down every few days and have a small dish of water in there. Having panty hose in there wouldn't be the nicest setup. Unless you are into that sort of thing :rolleyes:

The substrate should be enough to keep the humidity up and having good ventilation is important.

Rochelle

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't have anything useful to add - just a question....
I thought that avics were communal?:?
We keep them that way and have never had a problem....:cool:

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
large deep dish of water that takes up the majority of the floor space, with panty hose stretched accross the top to keep the little spider from falling in.
It would also keep them from actually drinking any water, I do not think you thought this plan through. ;) Plus a fishbowl is going to be pretty weak at giving ventilation from more than one angle.

I thought that avics were communal?:?
We keep them that way and have never had a problem....:cool:
Even the "most" communal species of tarantula in the world is ONLY communal until the day it isn't. If you're lucky.