sling or juvie

DMTWI

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey guys/gals, since I'm pretty much a newb with T's could someone explain when is a T. no longer a sling? Is it after a number of molts, or when it starts getting the coloring of an adult? Or maybe reaching a certain size? I tried doing a seach on this, but didn't find what I was looking for, could have missed it also? :?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
For me I consider a sling a T that is not showing any adult colors. Once the sling starts to show any of the future adult colors and patterns I consider that a juvie.

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
same here. i consider anything 3-4" a juvie and anything above 4" a subadult, but of course this depends on species... (in references to extremities such as C. elegans, or Theraphosa sp., and some lasiodora sp.)

but the best way overall is what ryan just told you :D

DMTWI

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks for the help you guys, I appreciate it! I'll consider my new G. aureostriata a juvie then, since he/she is showing some adult coloring. :cool:

Also, nice avatar jbrdswifey. Nice to see some other pit lovers here and there. Here's a pic of our dog Buster. Hope the dog pic is ok in this section of the forum, since Buster has only four legs, not eight. ;P

Attachments

Thoth

Arachnopharoah
Old Timer
Thanks for the help you guys, I appreciate it! I'll consider my new G. aureostriata a juvie then, since he/she is showing some adult coloring. :cool:

Also, nice avatar jbrdswifey. Nice to see some other pit lovers here and there. Here's a pic of our dog Buster. Hope the dog pic is ok in this section of the forum, since Buster has only four legs, not eight. ;P
Don't worry the other four should grow back after the next molt or so.

omni

Arachnobaron
But what about P. scrofa? They are born with full color :) They grow to 4.5" or so, I stop referring to one as a sling at about 1.25"... It's a vague line between spiderling and juvenile with some kinds I think.

I found a thread w/ many replies about this subj here, about the age of a T: http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=97184