feeder colony dilema

harveythefly

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
first of all sorry if this has already been answered but i'm at work and didn't have a whole lot of time to search and see...

i want to start a breeding colony of roaches to feed my t's and scorpionsbut i'm not sure which kind to get...what i'm after is fast growers that also get kind of large...i have spiders ranging from 1" slings to a big 8" female who eats like there's no tomorrow so i need something that varies in size...

i was looking into B. lateralis but i heard they don't get much bigger than adult crix...then i thought about B. dubia but i hear they breed and grow rather slowly...

any opinions and steering in a good direction would be much apreciated

Harvey

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
B. dubia but i hear they breed and grow rather slowly...

Throw some heat on those Dubia and they will produce plenty. I am supporting 200+ adults and juvies + 400 slings on my colony with no problems.

Xaranx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The dubia take 2-4 months to get established, but once they do you'll never run out again. They don't breed slowly, give birth to live young and gestation is only a month. Get a bunch of mixed sizes to start off along with a few adults, and in a couple months you will have feeders of all sizes.

harveythefly

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
thanks guys i'll look into dubia again i think...can anyone recommend a good dealer for dubia roaches?

thanks again guys:)

Harvey

ShawnH

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I like to use B. lateralis for my slings and B. dubia for my adult T's. I also occasionally feed out of my B. craniifer , B. parabolicus colonies.

Rochelle

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
...you guys know I support the dubia...but if you're in a hurry --- try lobsters..!;)