B. Jacksoni 2i

Craiger

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I am about ready to get 2i B.jackonsi. So I was wondering..... being that small would I need to get a smaller container for them??? Or would a 10g tank be suitable for them being that small. I could always put some plexiglass down the middle. Just curious! What do you all recommend??

Cyris69

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'd get them tiny containers, don't put them together until adulthood.

I just happen to get a good deal they could grow into.

Cyris69

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My setup, this is to answer your PM.
setup.JPG
This is how I heat all my scorps.
Mind you its in a closet and the doors are always shut.

Edit** 100watt IR light, keeps everything here 85-90F for a 14hr daylight cycle, and 75-80F during the 10hr nighttime cycle.

I have a 24hr timer for my power outlet, you can get one of these at Meijer for like 4 bucks instead of an expensive reptile brand.

Last edited:

Craiger

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks for the help, forget that last pm I sent ya. This post was very helpful.

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I got five at 2I and 3I this spring, and kept them in the delicups they came in until they started molting (I just gave them some substrate and a little piece of something to hang from while molting).

When they grew I put them in larger deli cups, and they're big enough to safely house an adult. Only one is full-grown, though -- as soon as the others mature I'll move them to a medium-to-large kritter keeper. Ten gallons is way to huge unless you have a large community (juvies are known to be cannibalistic, as well).

Good luck! This is a great species.

Jaffster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm just in the process of raising 3 Odonturus Dentatus through their instars. They are currently 4th instar. I know people say that they should be kept seperate until adult but I also read some success stories of them being raised in captivity together through their molts.

All 3 of mine are fine, I keep them well fed and there has been no cannibalism. I actually watched the last one molt last night out in the open, it was quite interesting!