I need help w/ G.rosea Eggs

MalevolentScorp

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My G.rosea had made a small eggsack, so I decided to check myself whether or not if it was a false eggsack. Indeed there are eggs in there, but now that i've dissected the eggsack I felt now I must incubate them myself. I put the sack in a tuppaware container with moist papertowels on the bottom. I stuck the container inside the same enclosure with the mommy T. I need some help with this... so give me some tips and pointers please... I'd really appreciate it.

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I'm pretty sure the eggsack has to be turned regularly and properly, usually by the mother, or they'll die. You should just give it back to her.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
False sacs will still have eggs in the sac they will just not be fertile. And if they are not fertile they will eventually shrivel and get hard or turn black and mold, or a combination of both.

Anyway moving on, let's assume they are good eggs.
How badly did you rip up the sac? If you can fold over the edges that you opened and or stitch closed the hole you made I would also recommend giving back the sac to the mom.

MalevolentScorp

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I folded over the edges and gave it back to her, I figured it be easier that way anyway.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It will be much easier. Now you just wait. About 35-40 days from now you can take it away for good and open it to see what is going on. Once we get to that point there will be more advice to offer.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I folded over the edges and gave it back to her, I figured it be easier that way anyway.
Make sure not to bother the female anymore, if you see the sac abandonded then I would just go in, remove it, and take care of it yourself. If it does end up being infertile, I'm pretty sure the female will eat it. How long have you had your girl in your care? Has she molted since you've had her?

cristal7901

Arachnopeon
I am incubating eggs myself, because my girl tore open her sac trying to get them out of her burrow, and there were eggs all over her burrow so i took it from her and I am now incubating it.
They are doing good so far I see no mold or anything like that on mine and they are still whiteish. I just have no clue to how long it will take for them to start looking like eggs with leggs. She made the sac on the 4th of this month.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I am incubating eggs myself, because my girl tore open her sac trying to get them out of her burrow, and there were eggs all over her burrow so i took it from her and I am now incubating it.
They are doing good so far I see no mold or anything like that on mine and they are still whiteish. I just have no clue to how long it will take for them to start looking like eggs with leggs. She made the sac on the 4th of this month.
How long have you been incubating them and how are you incubating them?

funnylori

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I incubated mine in paper muffin cups set inside plastic deli cups. Then those were set on a wet paper towel in a plastic shoe box with vent holes drilled in the lid.

Tell me, how are you keeping the eggs? You want them to stay dry, but be in a humid environment.

Good luck!

cristal7901

Arachnopeon
I have mine incubating like this...........

I have a big plastic container and in the bottom has some water. Then I have streached over the plastic container some pantyhose, and the hose are held in place with a rubberband so it dosent go anywhere. then I have the eggs on top of the hose like hammoc. I also have them in a empty tank with subtrate so that they stay humid. I took them from her on the 12th of this month(Oct.)

check out the pics

They are on halloween print hose.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Looks like you're doing everything fine. Do you gently rotate the eggs about twice everyday? If not, heres how you do it.. just grab the container and do circular motions with your wrist for a couple of seconds. Do that about twice a day and it should be fine. They should start becoming eggs with legs at around the 1-2 month stage.

cristal7901

Arachnopeon
Yes I gently rotate them, but someone said that since they were out of the sac that I did not need to rotate them , but I did at least once every 2 days anyways because I am so excited about seeing something different about the eggs, but nothing yet!!!:(

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yes I gently rotate them, but someone said that since they were out of the sac that I did not need to rotate them , but I did at least once every 2 days anyways because I am so excited about seeing something different about the eggs, but nothing yet!!!:(
It's too soon still, you got about a month to go. Yeah true, but it wouldn't hurt to rotate them a little bit so they don't sit on one side all the time.

cristal7901

Arachnopeon
Yes I will keep moving them because since a T would normally do it and she is not available to do it (well she is but she probibally would not care for them now) I will have to be a surogate Tarantula mommy. da** that will be alot of babies thank Goodness people can't have that many babies.

funnylori

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Don't worry! It took forever for my eggs to pop legs, and a long time for those to start to turn dark and molt again. :)

cristal7901

Arachnopeon
OK so I have no worries then. someone told me that a 1 month old sac has leggs and my little girls sac is 3 weeks...I was getting a little worried. Do you know how long after the sac is removed until she will be calm enough to hold? I took her out to try and take some pics of her on a stuffed Tarantula for Halloween and she would not cooperate (sp?). she was a little mad and that normally is not like her to be that way. I miss my gentle baby:(

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
OK so I have no worries then. someone told me that a 1 month old sac has leggs and my little girls sac is 3 weeks...I was getting a little worried. Do you know how long after the sac is removed until she will be calm enough to hold? I took her out to try and take some pics of her on a stuffed Tarantula for Halloween and she would not cooperate (sp?). she was a little mad and that normally is not like her to be that way. I miss my gentle baby:(
I'd say when the eggs turn to 2nd instars it should be safe, since it would be the same amount of time that she'd be with the sac. Of course this is just guessing.

funnylori

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My sac took almost 6-8 weeks to get legs, and another month or so after that to begin molting into hairy slings. Rose's are slow, it's their way of doing things. Try not to worry too much, I'm sure they will be fine. :)

Just watch out for mold. :) Pick out any that look bad and keep them seperate. Who knows, one might surprise you. I had a moldy one develope legs and is now in the process of molting. :)

cristal7901

Arachnopeon
Just watch out for mold. :) Pick out any that look bad and keep them seperate. Who knows, one might surprise you. I had a moldy one develope legs and is now in the process of molting. :)
Man I never thought that eggs mold...more things to watch out for.