Does anyone know this breeder?

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm looking for contact information for Gary Pennycook located in Perrysville OH. He's the one that sold me the g.aureo as a female, which is looking like a male, for $30. If anyone knows this person and can help me contact him that would be greatly appreciated.

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
One step ahead of ya Fred...I already emailed Bearskin10 asking if he still has the contact information hehe. But thanks for doing the research for me, that really means a lot. On a bit of a brighter note, after not being able to find my battery charger for my camera for about 6 months, I finally decided out of the blue to look for it. It was in the camera box all along... :wall:
I hope my T is ready to have its picture taken tomorrow!!! I'll be taking ventral shots from every possible angle I can. I must get to the bottom of this! Even if it is a he, I'll still love it, but I was wanting something to be my companion for a few years. While I'm thinking of it: Gary (seller) told me that my particular T is about 3 years old. It is somewhere in the vicinity of 3-4" legspan (closer to 4 it looks like). At what size is a g.aureo male considered mature, and generally speaking how long does it take? This may help figure things out. Thanks!
~Alexis

The_Thunderer

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
One step ahead of ya Fred...I already emailed Bearskin10 asking if he still has the contact information hehe. But thanks for doing the research for me, that really means a lot. On a bit of a brighter note, after not being able to find my battery charger for my camera for about 6 months, I finally decided out of the blue to look for it. It was in the camera box all along... :wall:
I hope my T is ready to have its picture taken tomorrow!!! I'll be taking ventral shots from every possible angle I can. I must get to the bottom of this! Even if it is a he, I'll still love it, but I was wanting something to be my companion for a few years. While I'm thinking of it: Gary (seller) told me that my particular T is about 3 years old. It is somewhere in the vicinity of 3-4" legspan (closer to 4 it looks like). At what size is a g.aureo male considered mature, and generally speaking how long does it take? This may help figure things out. Thanks!
~Alexis
You're welcome! I only do what I hope others would do for me as well. :D

Anyway, I hope that he contacts you and all things work out.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
While I'm thinking of it: Gary (seller) told me that my particular T is about 3 years old. It is somewhere in the vicinity of 3-4" legspan (closer to 4 it looks like). At what size is a g.aureo male considered mature, and generally speaking how long does it take? This may help figure things out. Thanks!
~Alexis

a male t isn't really a "considered mature" type of thing. they go through very obvious and sometimes dramatic physical changes on their ultimate molt. most species gain hooks on their front legs. all species have special sperm packets on the end of their pedipalps. most species become more "leggy", that is the ratio of legspan to bodylength increases.

typically males mature in the 5-7" DLS (diagonal leg span) range. power grown (fed lots and kept warm all year) i believe a male can mature in about 2 years.... grown "normally" it would range between ~3-7 years.

also, i sort of thought Bearskin10 was from/lives in CA? i vaguely think i met the dude at a show.

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
All is well now, I don't think I need to contact him anymore because my g.aureo has been designated as female via ventral sexing. Not that that's 100% accurate but at least I feel confident that they are correct. Thanks for the info though, very helpful :D

verry_sweet

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well I’m glad that it did turn out female. Especially since you’re first post insinuated that it was a male and made the guy look bad.

Why would you make a post like this when you hadn’t even accurately sexed the spider?

I bet there are people that only read your first post and now think this guy rips people off. Next time you’re looking for contact info just ask for it in the Seller/Shop Inquiries/Warnings section….that’s where this post belongs anyway.

Don’t make accusations that don’t hold any water. What were you going to tell him once you did get a hold of him “you sold me a male but I hadn’t sexed the spider yet so it could be female……” :confused: :?

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I had posted something already that made it look male, but before I went through all the trouble of actually contacting I did want to make sure that it was indeed male. I wasn't intending on making him look bad, just a little concerned that I had been mislead. But please don't think I was going to just accuse him officially without first knowing 100% what I had. But yes I had posted a pic already and many had said male, which is when I began looking for contact information. There were still doubts though because picture quality wasn't the best which is why I posted again from many different angles BEFORE taking action. But I wasn't trying to say that he was horrible, only that I wanted his contact information in the case that he had mislead me, but I wasn't saying, set in stone, "Hey this guy ripped me off". I was sick and tired yesterday and generally crappy, so I probably did come across that way. I apologize for the way I might have worded things but believe me, I'm not one that's quick to anger or do anything completely irrational without knowing 100% the facts. Please forgive me! :(