My fragile sack !

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I have a couple questions about the next 35-54 days.

My W/C Rosie dropped a sack. Though it may be infertile, is there anything I should do for the next month or so ?

Do I keep the substrate bone dry, or do I raise humidity ? Right now, it is low like 45 %.

Since any disturbance I'm told is a bad thing. I'd have to assume feeding is out of the question till I pull the sack ?

Should I cover the tank ?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have a couple questions about the next 35-54 days.

My W/C Rosie dropped a sack. Though it may be infertile, is there anything I should do for the next month or so ?

Do I keep the substrate bone dry, or do I raise humidity ? Right now, it is low like 45 %.

Since any disturbance I'm told is a bad thing. I'd have to assume feeding is out of the question till I pull the sack ?

Should I cover the tank ?
If it's WC and hasn't molted in your care yet, then it may well be a fertile sac. I would overfill the dish a little, but it's really not neccessary. I also wouldn't feed until the sac was pulled, which you can do at about 1-1.5 months. You can cover the tank if you want, but if she is secluded in her hide it's not really needed. Just place her somewhere that gets minimal disturbance. Good luck!

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
If it's WC and hasn't molted in your care yet, then it may well be a fertile sac. I would overfill the dish a little, but it's really not neccessary. I also wouldn't feed until the sac was pulled, which you can do at about 1-1.5 months. You can cover the tank if you want, but if she is secluded in her hide it's not really needed. Just place her somewhere that gets minimal disturbance. Good luck!

She's right by the outside of the tank : The front corner. I was cool to watch but all the movement in my office is now a concern.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
She's right by the outside of the tank : The front corner. I was cool to watch but all the movement in my office is now a concern.
Hm, then yeah I'd definately go with covering her. Just put some kind of towel or rag that'll cover the whole enclosure to keep the disturbance level down.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
How is a towel or anything of the sort going to "help" with disturbances? :?

I never cover my females when they are carrying. They actually get moved to my bed night stand so I can watch them more.

It take TONS of disturbance to get them to eat the sac. I most of the time even take the sacs one or more times to check on them with a flashlight and give them back and never had a problem.

I would just do what you have been doing nothing different at all. You had her setup working well enough to get her to lay the sac so why change anything :confused:

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
How is a towel or anything of the sort going to "help" with disturbances? :?

I never cover my females when they are carrying. They actually get moved to my bed night stand so I can watch them more.

It take TONS of disturbance to get them to eat the sac. I most of the time even take the sacs one or more times to check on them with a flashlight and give them back and never had a problem.

I would just do what you have been doing nothing different at all. You had her setup working well enough to get her to lay the sac so why change anything :confused:
Well it keeps it dark for one, and it keeps out the light. Yeah yeah, I know Ryan I do the same as you, but since this(it appears to be) his first eggsac, why not take the steps of making it a successful one? Basically, a just incase.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
why not take the steps of making it a successful one? Basically, a just incase
Those steps would be to not change anything. The conditions were good enough to get her to lay the sac therefore you would think based on that they are good enough to get the sac to hatch. IMO ofcourse. ;)

spartybassoon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You're getting some top notch advice, there Nitibus. But all I really want to comment on is how awesome your thread title is. ;)

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Those steps would be to not change anything. The conditions were good enough to get her to lay the sac therefore you would think based on that they are good enough to get the sac to hatch. IMO ofcourse. ;)

I would think that if she wanted privacy she would have laid or taken the sack to her hide. I think I may uncover her tomorrow... I do like to look in and see what's up :)