MUCH better ventral shots!

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
OK so I found my battery charger :D
I used the lid from her old container as a better surface. This took patience and practice (and a slightly unhappy T now) to get these shots. I think these will help decide what it is. She had spun some web on the top of the lid so that's what those streaks are. Thanks.

Best shot:

Another one from a different angle:

And last one:

Here is the image I'm referencing from. NOW when I look at it, to ME, it looks like the female inset picture. *sigh* Of course this is my first T so I'm probably wrong.

Just to show how aggravating this will be if it's male, the lid from the container she was in when I bought her...er...it

Sorry for the multitude of images, I just want to make sure there's enough to go by for accuracy's sake.
Thank you soooo much for putting up with me! :(

Last edited:

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!{D :D Goodness, I feel like I've just been told I don't have cancer or something lol. Yeah that first shot in a different thread was crap, made it look completely different. Now I don't have to rally an angry mob to bumrush my seller LOL. Thank you SO much everyone! Now my Friday can be 200% better! Have a great weekend everyone! (yay!){D :D

SNAFU

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So Truff, now that you have the good news, whats HER name..?:confused: Please, not Hillary!-:eek:

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ROFL no, it's Britney {D
HAHA JK...it's Navi. The nerd in me feels the urge to name some of my pets after Legend of Zelda characters. Navi was the little fairy in Ocarina of Time for the N64. Zelda was my first rat (RIP :( )
Hehe! I'm still soo happy {D

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
LOL "turd"...that word cracks me up every time I hear it. And as far as the "muchacha hermosa", thank you, she is. :D
She's even cuter when she's carrying around little wads of dirt hehe!

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
LOL "turd"...that word cracks me up every time I hear it. And as far as the "muchacha hermosa", thank you, she is. :D
She's even cuter when she's carrying around little wads of dirt hehe!
i am a licensed turdologist . i want a brown Toyota tacoma with little yellow corn kernels painted all over it in random pattern. and it has to be the Toyota Racing Development so it will have TRD(pronounced "turd") on it wiht a license plate that says TRD MAN

phormingochilus

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
There are two things that you should note and remember about the differences shown in this picture:

First and foremost the black spot on the male epigynal plate - this is the epiandrous fusillae and they can ONLY be found in males and is what we are looking for when sexing ventrally.

Second and more as a rule of thumb the shape of the epigynal plate. Generally speaking in females the plate is trapezoid, whereas in males it is more square.

Regards
Søren

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hehe, yeah that's what kind of confused me at first. As small as she is, it was really hard to tell from her wall-clinging just what shape it really was (and my first attempt to take a picture failed miserably). Hers seems to be a taller trapezoid than the picture I was using as a reference so I was just slightly concerned. But once I got the close-up and was really able to compare, there was no doubt in my mind that I had a female. Thanks to everyone that helped me out!

-Sarah-

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i am a licensed turdologist . i want a brown Toyota tacoma with little yellow corn kernels painted all over it in random pattern. and it has to be the Toyota Racing Development so it will have TRD(pronounced "turd") on it wiht a license plate that says TRD MAN

This totally made me laugh! But my first thought was... Why corn and not peanuts?? (I can't believe I just thought that... I ought to stay off AB for a while... {D)

Congrats on your little girl!!! :clap: She looks like a real cutie!! :D

-Sarah