Heteropoda venatoria w/ eggsac at 2.5"?

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Heteropoda venatoria gets 5" so i don't expect them to mature around 4", but mine made an eggsac(infertile) yesterday and it is only 2.5". did anyone else experience this? well, at least i know now that it's a female.
jason

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i had a bunch of them also that i collected where i live(fla) and i had a very small female,she had an eggsack i thought i would be infertile,boy was i wrong,the eggs hatched! so it's possible.

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i didn't put her with a male tho. so she never mated.
jason

massmorels

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Mine is only 3" and just dropped a sac today.. I was suprised to! Thought I wouldnt see that until the 5" mark.

Irks

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
One of mine dropped a sac at 3" as well. I think there are a lot of H. venatoria around currently that are slightly smaller than usual. My biggest is 3.75", and the others are decently smaller at the same final molt stage. No 4-5" here :(

Last edited:

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mine came from Dragontear (Renee) and her female that produces the slings was 5"

Grupofix

Arachnopeon
Hi, I've got eggsacks from two really different Heteropoda species. On is sp.Guiana about 4" and another sp. from Philippinnen 1,5".

here is a pic of Guiana one

I'hope I'll get a photo of Philippinnen speci soon, but I'm afraid of disturbing her.

So I have a question what is necessary for the spiderlings?

BTW: Guiana spiderlings are avible now.

Thanx G

rex_arachne

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i have a female Heteropoda venatoria that i captured at about 2" LS and is now at 3.5" LS (which i consider not fully grown yet, because i have kept adult specimens at 5" DLS). it had made two infertile eggsacs in my care. i am not really sure if there indeed had been eggs within the sacs because when i removed them after a couple of weeks, they were hollow/empty.

Bastian Drolshagen

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hi,
I asked Peter Jäger last time I phoned him about Heteropoda sp. from South America. He said the only species occuring there was Heteropoda venatoria.
I got some Heteropoda from the Domenican Republic about 2 years ago and bred them several times...I always had females and males being adult in different sizes.

rex_arachne

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
maybe the eggs hatched and got out before you know it. possibility?
no she's never mated, so ifever there were eggs, they were infertile. i caught her december last year at about 2" LS, now shes almost 4" LS.