do fangs grow back upon moulting?

musihuto

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
i can't remember for sure, thought i'd ask...
my 6" x. immanis seems to have chipped her fangs a bit,
they're down to about 2/3 of their original length.
naturally, she's strong, so she can still manage to puncture and consume even medium-large prey like b. fusca, so i'm not really worried about her health, more curious than anything!
also, i'm not entirely sure how she managed to chip them in the first place! there are no rocks or anything like that in her terrarium... any ideas? :?

thanks!
- munis​

elyanalyous

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
To answer your question, I think they do grow back. I remember threads of people handfeeding thier T.blondi because they lost thier fangs completly. You may want to search for it, as it was a really good read...

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yes they do grow back.
I had an N chromatus that lost about 3/4 of her fangs during a molt. It seems like she rushed her next molt to correct the problem.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I had a big B smithi that chipped a fang trying to get loose when his foot got stuck in a screen lid. (Yes it WAS the 'dipped' screen that's supposed to be safe for t's. It wasn't safe) He lost about 1/2 the length of one fang. He seemed to go into pre-molt almost immediately, not taking any prey at all from then on and the abdomen started to darken after about 3 weeks. Another 3 weeks later he molted out as ultimate male.

This was only 4 months after the previous molt and the fang, bythe way was completely restored by the molt.