burrowing to aboreal overnight!

trivium160

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I just posted a thread about my usamburu baboon! it had its first molt with me lastnight. before the molt it lived under a log in its web funnel and never came out except to eat and drink, well she molted last night...came out afterwards and went to the top of the cage.... i removed her molted skin but she has not moved back to the log, since then she has webbed up the whole top of the enclosure! She even went under the log after the molt but left right away to stay at the top! i thought it was starnge that she is showing no interest in her old home.... nothing has changed, i haven't cleaned it or moved anything nor is it dirty or wet. do they change behaviors overnight?

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I wouldnt worry about it, she should resume her normal behavior shortly after the molt. It may be still uncomfotable, have you cleaned the tank recently?

trivium160

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
the tank was cleaned a few days before. she had 2 small crikets after the tank change. but nothing major! id on't care if she has become aboreal i have an aboreal setup i'll move her too...just crazy she changed overnight.

AubZ

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
lol...Don't worry OBT's tend to do that sometimes. Mine webbed up the whole enclosure from bottom to top. He has torn down half of it and has started again. They are fascinating lil fellows so just enjoy.

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
mine are communal lol i keep my 6 obts in one food container i like to watch them kill some crickets or roaches. oh btw some of them are arboreal and some are ground depends on their style of catching pray :)

sgt.batguano

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
mine are communal lol i keep my 6 obts in one food container
that is cool it would also make a good party game..."how long can you move the water dish before you get tagged" i was watching a community of anoles hunting a load of crickets. it was totally awesome!:drool: