Mold resistant wood

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
So i'm looking for ideas on mold-proof features for high humidity species. I know cork works well but it can be expensive and interesting (useable) shapes can be hard to find even in decent pet stores. grapewood has worked well for me for drier condition t's but it can mold right up in a humid enclosure. I've had this happen in a big avic's enclosure and again (much worse) in an Emperor scorp enclosure.

Anybody have some thoughts/ideas on mold proof woods or other natural appearance items that can be added to enclosure as a feature? I know there is some kind of VERY heavy wood often used in aquariums that fits the bill but i can't remember what it was called...

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
So i'm looking for ideas on mold-proof features for high humidity species. I know cork works well but it can be expensive and interesting (useable) shapes can be hard to find even in decent pet stores. grapewood has worked well for me for drier condition t's but it can mold right up in a humid enclosure. I've had this happen in a big avic's enclosure and again (much worse) in an Emperor scorp enclosure.

Anybody have some thoughts/ideas on mold proof woods or other natural appearance items that can be added to enclosure as a feature? I know there is some kind of VERY heavy wood often used in aquariums that fits the bill but i can't remember what it was called...
petrified wood?

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
petrified wood?
Nyuk-Nyuk... everybody's a comedian. Actually i just found out it's Mopani wood. It's so heavy though it's like a crushing hazard like rocks can be. Maybe cork is all there is for lightweight mold-resistant wood...?

clearlysaid

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I use mopani in one of my singapore's tanks right now. I was able to find a piece that was pretty long and I could lean it from one side to the other so it was supported and wouldn't fall. I guess you could also, like, hot-glue some in place for a little extra support? The wood is very nice looking.