B vagans slings - first time looking after a sling

cockroach52

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
so i got 2 1/4" b vagans.

One of them has made a burrow about 1" down and it's pretty large at the bottom.

It walks around the top of the enclosure.

The other one has dug about 3 inches down and into the middle where I can't see it. There is condensation in the container.

I have never added water. It's been almost a week since I got them.

They both have peat moss from a sealed bag.

I'm guessing if the humidity was too much, they would be climbing up and away from the ground.

I'm just worried the idiot I haven't seen is dead or something else is up, maybe a molt.

I've never had such young spiders in my care.

I'm guessing just leave him be, and see what happens when I throw in a pinhead cricket?

How long should I wait before I start opening up the burrow to see what's going on?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I would leave them be. You can offer food and see what happens. If it is not killed in a few hours I would remove it.

As for the moisture levels, that is not really an issue. As long as there plenty of holes in the lid for ventilation you will be fine. I keep all my Brachy slings on moist peat until they get bigger and less fragile around the 1.5-2.5" mark, then I offer a small cap of water.

AubZ

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
How long should I wait before I start opening up the burrow to see what's going on?
How about never. :D I would only do that when changing enclosure.

With slings I put a prekilled item near the burrow and leave it for about 24 hrs or less. If it's still there or half eaten, I remove it. Just rem that you can go weeks with it looking like it's not eating. And will also seem like they take forever to grow (depending on species).

Good Luck with you two lil fellows.