1x Scolopendromorpha species South Africa

I think the species from Botswana are the same only different colorforms

4x :D :D

2x

South Africa (already had one of these)

szappan

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Damn Vincent! How do you do it?! :? You and Steven should think about opening up a scolopendra petting zoo.

That top one has especially nice colors :clap:

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Incredible pedes, Vincent, that's totally amazing to see how different those look from the regular 'pedes exported from Africa!!!!

Do you know from which part of Botswana they were exported? From the Kalahari desert or closer to the moist savanas? All of the ssps you've posted look very great, i hope i can end up with some of those. I'll be placing an order in Mozambique this winter and will most likely be receiving 'pedes from the general South-East African area so if you have any collecting data, it would be great if you could share it :).

phil.

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
congratz, very nice colors on those :drool:

have you ID'd them yet ?
just by first sight i think the Botswana specimen are all
Scolopendra morsitans ?

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
congratz, very nice colors on those :drool:

have you ID'd them yet ?
just by first sight i think the Botswana specimen are all
Scolopendra morsitans ?
Hey Steven, why would you say that they're all sc.morsitans? From what i can see, they all have the same amout of smooths/rough antennae segments but for the rest, i'm trying but i have a hard time seing the eye composition, the spiracles and the details of the terminal legs...

Also, it looks like the first one ( which is very great looking!!!! ) seems to have some kind king of a bump in the middle of it's last tergite...

Would Sc.morsitans have any other ssps? It seems kinda funny to find them on four different continents all under sc.morsitans morsitans besides the little locality of sc.m.scopoliana ( just found that one on your website, Steven ).

Looks like one more specie that hasn't been studied much.

phil.

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
Hey Phil,
you're right there's not enough info or details from the pictures to give an ID, that's why i said "at first sight" simply cause i'm not aware of many other African Scolopendra spec. that have ridges on the terminals, i'm not sure that they are genus Scolopendra either, just "first tought", so don't take it too certain ;)

Ow yeah, and maybe cause i've seen SouthAffrican Sc.morsitans from another hobbyist 5 years ago which looked the same :rolleyes: :p , but that's based on the colors, so also meaningless

but my guess still is Sc.morsitans for the first :D

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
crap, well, there goes vincent again, making me drool. brb, i have to get a paper towel... thanks vincent :p

-dan {D