would like to get a scorpion need some info

fireballdragonz

Arachnopeon
I was interested in getting a scorpion, I was wondering if any of you would be nice enough to share photos of your setup- and also let me know what would be the best type for a first time owner. Post pics on her or just shoot them to my email I wou8ld appreciate it very much. fireballdragonz@aol.com

fireballdragonz

Arachnopeon
Im looking for a large one that is active and can keep at room tepms 70-80. I would like to desert species

Frédérick

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Desert specie

Hadrurus arizonensis, keep him in a 10 gallon tank (depending on the size of the specimen you buy, smaller container for the young ones)with 3-4 inches of sand and a cork bark. They can burrow in sand, so this might happen. No water bowl needed, too high humidity would actually be harmful to them! they take their water from the preys they eat, temps are fine as you listed, 70-80F...

fireballdragonz

Arachnopeon
Hadrurus arizonensis, keep him in a 10 gallon tank (depending on the size of the specimen you buy, smaller container for the young ones)with 3-4 inches of sand and a cork bark. They can burrow in sand, so this might happen. No water bowl needed, too high humidity would actually be harmful to them! they take their water from the preys they eat, temps are fine as you listed, 70-80F...
Yeah that exactly what I’m looking for. Could someone give a few links where I can get one of these guys and also some good care sheet?
I was wondering if I could place it in a larger tank like a 20-gallon. Also would it help if I placed a small heat matt under the tank to keep it warm of course on one side? Also would it need light or really the question is can I place a light on top to light it up. I would be placing the tank in the living room and would like to make it look really nice and light up. If any one has pictures of your setups please share I would love to get some ideas. For the most part I would like to get some of that reddish looking desert sand with a few pieces of slate, a rock or two and maybe throw in some cactus. Any advice will go a long way. And don’t worry people I will do a lot of research before buying on.
Thanks everyone.

Frédérick

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
http://www.petbugs.com/caresheets/H-arizonensis.html

But there's nothing more than i said honestly, it's hardy specie and easy to care for. Of course a 20 gallon is ok but that much space really isn't necessary. Personally, i would go for the heat matt on the side, but i think a lamp is ok as long as it produces enough heat, just keep in mind your scorp will most likely hide from the light, like under a log or in their burrow. Your setup seems cool, post us some pics!