Is comatose common for pre-molt/molt Emps?

gambite

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
This is a question I never really cleared up. My first Emp was a ~3" male. After a month or two from getting him, he stopped eating. One day, I found him completely un-responsive and a little stiff. I left him be for 3 days, and he didnt move at all and the tank started to stink badly. I am pretty sure he was dead, but I have this nagging feeling in the back of my mind that maybe, just maybe, he was molting and it was just taking a long time. Either way, I burried him outside, so he is dead now whether or not he was to start with. However, I have never had any creature, T or scorp, molt while in my care yet, so I am still a little nervous about the whole ordeal. So, what do you guys think; was he dead or not?

gambite

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
Its too bad, too, because now I have a female Emp. The whole time I was talking about breeding them, but I didnt get the female until after he died. Oh well, at least his death was what brought me here ;) Were it not for him, I would not have my G. rosea and A. avic sitting next to me today.