Giant Chicken Spider

Setian

Arachnopeon
Now there is a communal species :) I wonder if we will ever see them in the hobby.
250cm??? holy bejezzuz

" has anyone seen the cat?"

UrbanJungles

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They said it's a Pamphobeteus sp.
The communal living thing is very interesting!

Pink-Poodle88

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I heard about that a while back, I doubt they're available in the trade yet unfortunately. That's cute how they're communal with the spiderlings... I wonder at what point the spiderlings leave the mother's burrow.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I heard about that a while back, I doubt they're available in the trade yet unfortunately. That's cute how they're communal with the spiderlings... I wonder at what point the spiderlings leave the mother's burrow.
they say several generations live in the same burrow and they use cooperative hunting

Travis K

TravIsGinger
Old Timer
If I win the Lotto

Yeah if I win the Lotto, I am going to South America and going Hunting for new and awesome T's and Pedes!

Setian

Arachnopeon
Doh, yeah I ment to put millimeters. cm would be just a little insane. ;)

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeah if I win the Lotto, I am going to South America and going Hunting for new and awesome T's and Pedes!
You dont need to win the Lotto, you need to have lots of time and patience with a little luck.

Greetings from Peru:)

Fenrir

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
is any one feeling ambitious out there, i am not a member of the BTS, can some one copy these pics so people on this board can see them? I can't even veiw them cause i am not a member of BTS.
Just join the forum?... joining just for the thread is worth it, plus its a free forum.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hey if you are in Peru, Have you seen these in there native habitat?
Nope, They are found East of the Andes Mtns. I have made 9 trips to Peru now and have never been to the Rain Forest. Travel down here is difficult and slow. Riding a bus for hours and hours gets old really fast especially when you have to drive thru the mountains.

Here are some pics I from previous trips I have made down here. I have a 7 month old girl now so I havent been making field trips
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=81453&highlight=peru
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=74924&highlight=peru

Travis K

TravIsGinger
Old Timer
LOL, joined to BTS board but it still wont let me access the pics cause it tells me that my membership still needs to be verified.:( :confused: :?

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
LOL, joined to BTS board but it still wont let me access the pics cause it tells me that my membership still needs to be verified.:( :confused: :?
Just give it time. Mark likely needs to manually approve your account, especially since they require real names.

Eric

Shell_Baby

Arachnopeon
WOW!!!! :clap: Beautiful spider!!! It looks like black velvet....

250mm is a big spider...like 10+ inches?!? Wonder what their personality would be like?

Great articles...thanks for sharing!!!:D