King Baboon

nemesis6sic6

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hey all I have great news. I just went through the most exiting thing in my life. Well first of all I went to this reptile shop by me house and they had this 7-8" FEMALE C.crawshyi in this big deli cup thing and I saw it behind the display glass where they keep al their Ts. it had it its deli cup all webbed up and it didn't move at all(i tought they were agressive) So i figured
It must be depressed not allowed to burrow and then I decided to look at the price hmmmm.....$24??????? what the cow poop!
wow i went through an imotional stage and then into a really happy phase and umm I bought it and its at my house now and it wants to bite me and it does this weird sound any ways I dunno how to keep it(First Adult OW). I figured since its from africa it must like it hot and dry and i figured it wanted to burrow so i put 10 inches of soil/ver/eco and a water dish temp about 80 here in the room so umm any tips?

Last edited:

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
if you keep her in the correct conditions, you'll never see her, that's how you know she's happy!
Give her as much substrate as you can, she'll burrow like mad.
Mine is in a pickle jar with about 12" of substrate. Lucky for me, she burrowed along the side so I can keep an eye on her.
Mine goes for weeks without eating, but she looks good.
The funny sound is stridulating, it's special hairs that produce the sound when rubbed together.

rob

Got Inverts?
Old Timer
Wow!

Great price! I want one of them, but its either buy small for a low price and wait forever for them to grow or buy a large one for a steep price. Congrats.

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I agree with the others give her a deep substrate, and she will be happy but never seen again.:) The down side to Citharischius crawshayi is that there is no getting around it. I'm sure you will enjoy her, and congrats on getting her at a killer price!

Exodus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
<>

Your living my dream Nemesis...Finding a near adult King baboon at below normal s'ling price...You're probably the luckiest person i know! Good luck with it!

Aloha,

Ben

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
King Baboons are an awesome species!! You will really enjoy that one!!! They will burrow and stay there alot!!!

Andy

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
they have a cb one in a locale pet store in phoenix thats smaller then that one you got by 2-3 inches and its 200$