G. rosea need help again!!!!!

atmosphere

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ok I got home from work today and,found my G. rosea in a attack posture. Well closer inspection revealed a line of ants going in my G. rosea enclosure.I knew I had to move him so I grabed my med size critter keeper thats empty at the time.I get him almost in and my cat jumps on the coffee table. Well at that time the G. rosea was in . Not thinking I was trying to get it away from my cat and made a big mistake grabbed the kritter keeper by the lid.Needless to say it broke off G. rosea and kritter keeper fall to the floor. My rosea did a tuck and roll king of move and ran off appearing injury free gave me a bit of a chase.Well I put it back in the keeper and notice it was not moving as much looked through the bottom and its bleeding from the mouth. Fangs look broken even looks like the fangs dug into the mouth parts. Is there any chance to save it any way to stop the bleeding ? I feel like such a moron.Man i'm upset .:( Can anyone help me ? 2 spiders in three days is just ****** up.I feel like such a screw up.

spyda

Arachnopeon
sorry to here that .
but a good way to stop your t from bleeding to death is vaseline.
belive me it works.

i have had the same sort of questions on my forum and it has helped

all the best steve
spyda

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm sorry to hear about your accident. These things happen sometimes! Don't beat yourself up, just learn from your mistakes, as that's all you can do!

How long ago did it molt? Is it plump?

Are you sure it's bleeding and that the fangs are broken or just suspecting it? I would try watching it for some time and make sure it's not just drooling. They will do that sometimes. Also, the fangs can appear to be sunk into the mouth at times.

If it is actually bleeding, and fangs are broken, there's not much you can do except hope it will be alright. I wouldn't suggest supergluing the mouth area for a couple reasons, unless of course someone here has experience doing that with no ill effects. For one, the tarantula could ingest the glue possibly killing it, and for two, it will cause it to be unable to move its fangs, eat, etc. and could cause complications with its molt when it would go to pull its fangs loose from the old moltskin.

Hopefully someone will have some better suggestions other than waiting. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Keep us posted! I hope everything turns out okay!

Best wishes,

Paul

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by spyda
sorry to here that .
but a good way to stop your t from bleeding to death is vaseline.
belive me it works.

i have had the same sort of questions on my forum and it has helped

all the best steve
spyda
Hi Spyda,

Just to let you know, vaseline does not work in all cases. It's always worth a try, but just wanted you to be aware. I've known people whose ts have died after attempting to stop the flow with vaseline. Those were pretty serious injuries though, as I recall, to the abdomen.

Best wishes,

Paul

atmosphere

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well the fangs are not broken It doesn't look like it. The white stuff has stoped coming out . I can see more clearly. Hopefully it was just drool.I will keep a eye on it today.It's still reacting very slow. But I guess this could be due to the stress of the whole ordeal. Could the drool be due to stress . I'm hopeing here thats a good sign that it has stoped right?:?

atmosphere

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sorry but it was clear not white.Had kind of a light brown look.It's up and moving around now.its webing the ground.

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sounds good! The drool is normally clear like water. Sometimes they do that, even when not stressed, so it may have been a coincidence. I wouldn't worry much now unless she shows any other signs of illness. I'm glad to hear she's doing okay!

Best wishes,

Paul

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
It could possibly have been venom, it was terrified after all and had probably released some during the scuffle!

DO NOT BEAT YOURSELF UP!! This stuff happens, but it usually only happens once. I'll share a secret with you... well, I DID kinda tell EVERYONE else, but I once put all my sling enclosures next to the kitchen sink filled with suds and proceeded to clean them out. My GBB jumped out of her container and dived right in to the suds!! Luckily, she was very lightweight and stayed right on top, I had to take a paper towel and gently get the suds off! Boy did I feel dumb! But, hey, Dawn cut the grease!!

SEE, these things DO happen!

atmosphere

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks guys she is going to be Ok it appears.I've been watching her closely the past three days. she spent alot of time in the corners trying to hide. She was on the side of the glass .Part of this was due to a change of substrate because the ants thought they could move in.Today she is on the ground not as active as usual.She doesn't like me right now and flintches every time I give her water.I think it will just take time for her to readjust and she will be fine.:)