New additions

problemchildx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A box from reptist just got here and I have 2 new beautiful additions to my collection. A female Aphonopelma sp. new river and a 2" or so Avicularia minatrix. The minatrix looks very female to me though..
They are both nervous from shipping, and I will get a pic of the avic later when it is more photogenic :p

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey 'child-

So you've got an A chalcodes, eh?!!! Yay!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :D
That was my very first T, the one I rescued. Just finished feeding him! It's so identical to my "Ike." They are such sweethearts! Totally nervous and jumpy but would never dream of anything even close to a threat display. I've NEVER seen one do that. They don't bite either. If you want to handle this one it's perfect but they can actually nervous themselves right off your hand so if you do plan to hold them do so at a very low altitude.

And your avic! Ou la la! VERY nice! Congrats!
Your photos aren't that bad either. Totally recognizable especially with A chal.

How many T's you have now? Way to go, very very cool!
:worship: :worship: :worship:

problemchildx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey desertdweller,

Thank you for your kind words :) I recall your encounter with Ike, and it is a good story!

However, this is not a chalcodes. What I have here is an Aphonopelma sp. "New River" for the locality is around new river. There are lots of chalcodes look-a-likes, IE flagstaff etc. My pic doesn't do it justice though! It's only 2MP on a phone with horrible macro. Here is a good pic: http://reptistexotics.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=109
This sp. has not been officially classified yet, but I have heard a rumor of it becoming something like A. junepri. (sp? and don't quote me on that ;))
I touched its legs earlier and it started kicking madly :) Good think I was prepared for that. I just fed it a roach, and maybe in a week I will try handling. Seems like a sweet girl.
Also, I have 15 now. Thanks all :)

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey desertdweller,

Thank you for your kind words :) I recall your encounter with Ike, and it is a good story!

However, this is not a chalcodes. What I have here is an Aphonopelma sp. "New River" for the locality is around new river. There are lots of chalcodes look-a-likes, IE flagstaff etc. My pic doesn't do it justice though! It's only 2MP on a phone with horrible macro. Here is a good pic: http://reptistexotics.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=109
This sp. has not been officially classified yet, but I have heard a rumor of it becoming something like A. junepri. (sp? and don't quote me on that ;))
I touched its legs earlier and it started kicking madly :) Good think I was prepared for that. I just fed it a roach, and maybe in a week I will try handling. Seems like a sweet girl.
Also, I have 15 now. Thanks all :)
You're so right, 'child-

I checked out the other pic and your's carapace is more of a pinkish color. A kicker, huh? Well, my sweet one knows I saved his life so there you go...

Enjoy your new kids. I'm falling behind in numbers with only 8 T's! I do have my wish list however and when everyone settles down from holiday stuff I plan to add more!

-Sydney

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yeah the new rivers are hot looking... i love mine..great p/u's