GBB enclosure

whitehaze2008

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hum hum....im thinking of trying to reconfigure my GBB enclosure.
Im thinking about maby making an artificial burrow or something, nothing real extensive or anything just something for her to retreat from. I want to see that spiraling funnel like web, design that they create outside if an opening to a retreat.
any other ideas? on there enclosures? anyone use fake greenery in there decorations maby?:?

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Instead of fake plants I always use real ones, the same as the T's natural environs would be. I try to duplicate, in miniature, the same landscape so it can be as comfortable as possible. One doesn't have to have a huge tank to make a T comfortable. I have a used a 5 gal tank with sloping ramps to offer two burrows and hide choices, one bigger than the other so that with a molt, if my T outgrows it, moving is easy.

I use real plants because they produce oxygen and help process waste. Also because they are softer than fake ones and will not harm my T. With a little creativity even a small simple tank works brilliantly for the T and is an interesting item in my room. I love gazing into my H minax's tank just like I would watch a fish tank. I have several burrowers and they actually spend time roaming in the space I give them.

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
The problem with real plants is that they tend to need water, while GBB must be kept dry dry dry. Also the amount of webbing these guys do would probably ruin any chance the poor plant has of getting sunlight. {D

Frédérick

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The problem with real plants is that they tend to need water, while GBB must be kept dry dry dry. Also the amount of webbing these guys do would probably ruin any chance the poor plant has of getting sunlight. {D
That's true, real plants stand for humid habitat species, so fake plant woud be best for a GBB...but it will get webbed, so honestly i would just put a big chunk of wood to attach the webs to it, should look great! :)