She wont eat???

annialator

Arachnopeon
:confused: I have a Chilean Rose and she usually eats a few crickets or a pinkie weekly, for the past 3 weeks she hasent eaten. What could be going on or what should I do? We've had her for about 4-5 months now.

Profkrakatoa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:confused: I have a Chilean Rose and she usually eats a few crickets or a pinkie weekly, for the past 3 weeks she hasent eaten. What could be going on or what should I do? We've had her for about 4-5 months now.
I have two G. roseas and from all I've read and learned here in the last month, you have nothing to worry about. Rosies are famous for two things....1) being goofy and unpredictable........2) fasting for long periods of time.

Keep offering a cricket or two once a week and take them out if she doesn't eat them within 24 hours. If her abdomen is black she could be coming up to a molt. Or she could just be acting like a contrary Rosie. As long as she has a water dish, she should be fine.

Welcome to the neurotic stressed world of Rosie keepers :p

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
She might be preparing for a molt as well.

Never worry about a tarantula not eating as long as their abdomen is full. If it's shriveling, that's when you should become concerned.

annialator

Arachnopeon
Thank you, her abdomen looks full, but has not darkened yet. Shes active, has burrowed, but doesnt stay in there very long. I will remove the crickets from her tank. And no more worries then!!! Again, thank you all so much!!!

KenTheBugGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
No worries

They can go many months without eating. I know one that went 11 months before it started eating again. Granted that is extreme but it survived and is very healthy and fat today. Keep offering it food though then remove it if it is not eaten.

B

babylon5girl

Don't worry I've got 5 rosies and one or two of mine don't really get that dark before a molt.

Just keep kepping the T at a good temp and about once a week try to offer her a cricket. She will eat or molt eventually:)

Andrew273

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If you think that is weird behavior wait until she gets wet. {D (Don't do it on purpose, it makes mine suicidal)