My Picture Thread

Strix

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
New to the hobby, just got a new camera. Looking to get many more T's in the future, so my pics are kind of lacking. So far only 1 G. rosea and I adore her.

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I just love thick tarantulas, and regardless of what anyone says, the rosea is one of my favorites. You take very nice pics! :clap:
(And don't feel bad about only having one, your collection will increase exponentially in a very short amount of time).
Welcome to the uncurable addiction! :D

Strix

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just love thick tarantulas, and regardless of what anyone says, the rosea is one of my favorites. You take very nice pics! :clap:
(And don't feel bad about only having one, your collection will increase exponentially in a very short amount of time).
Welcome to the uncurable addiction! :D
Ha ha yeah, I'm already thinking of getting a Brachypelma smithi next.

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
You take nice pics!

Nice G. rosea~! That is my all time favorite T!

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
I really like the purplish hues, nice T as well. I've had mine since it was 3/4" and now its 2" and it's been about 4-5 years. Very slow growers, but still like em.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Might as well join in and say nice pics. I need to start a picture thread!

Strix

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks for all the comments. Got a few more pics today of her feeding on a Blaptica dubia. The web matting is from a cricket I had fed her last week. Sorry about the last one being a little blurry, was experimenting with super macro mode. ;P

Last edited:

Sabatta

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ha ha yeah, I'm already thinking of getting a Brachypelma smithi next.
Funny, that's the same progression I made. I believe T Blondi comes next, followed by some old world arboreals, eventually the bite report forums. :p (kidding)

Nice Rosea BTW.

Strix

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm using a Fujifilm Finepix s700.

I ended up not going with the smithy and ended up ordering a Grammostola aureostriata. {D

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm using a Fujifilm Finepix s700.

I ended up not going with the smithy and ended up ordering a Grammostola aureostriata. {D
A great choice! I love my girl, she's a sweetie, but she webs like it's going out of style when I pick her up. I end up with a handful of silk :)
Can't beat the size and personality, though!

Strix

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I re-rehoused my A. hentzi sling after I saw he/she wanted to burrow a bit more ;P so i managed to grab some pics and a video. {D

He/she seems to be gripping and getting the substrate stuck to the legs, is that normal or should i look into a different substrate? She really loves to dig in it so far though. When I put the enclosure on the shelf she shot right down the side.

Hope you all enjoy.

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=25811532

Strix

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
A few new shots of my hentzi sling. A bit better quality and not on yellow paper. Experimented with different lighting.

Took her first pinhead while in my care yesterday {D is it easy to tell if they are nearing a molt at that small? (I think it is about under an inch)

Strix

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Been a while, but my OBT was poking her head around and ripped down her molt web so I took a few pics of her.

Strix

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well... Now that I got a few new T's and collected a fairly decent amount of pictures I'll add some more to my thread. ;P

~New~ A. hentzi

~New~ L. parahybana

~New~ B. emilia

C. huahini (eating, first time I saw it since I bought it :wall:)

T. blondi

T. blondi drinking...

P. murinus webbing ;P

Boanerges

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Congrats on the new additions!!! How is that L. parahybana?

Strix

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The Parahybana is a pretty voracious little eater... is always jumping looking for food when I even slightly touch the kritter keeper. When it figures out that I don't have food it will usually either just ignore me or give me a good flicking ;P

Also found yesterday that after checking my OBT webbing (I have a habit of checking my T's every single time I walk past them... so upwards of maybe 20 times a day) I had a freshly molted OBT again... 2nd molt for her in under a year. She seems darker in color and a lot more vibrant as well. {D