Pterinochilus Lugardi (Dodoma Baboon)

Tcollector

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Im still new to this hobby. I wanted something that made allot of webbing and something that had a attitude to it.

I was researching these and I cannot find anything on how to take care for these. I could not even find book's on these.

Can someone post on how to take care of these?

Thanks for the help

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Im still new to this hobby. I wanted something that made allot of webbing and something that had a attitude to it.

I was researching these and I cannot find anything on how to take care for these. I could not even find book's on these.

Can someone post on how to take care of these?

Thanks for the help
All the Pterinochilus can be taken care of the same way. they love to hide out so provide a burrow for it by either a good amount of substrate or make ya own out of that toilet paper holder thing or the paper towel one. give them a small water dish and keep the substrate dry. These are in the same family as the OBTS so that's how I took care of my OBT that unfortuantly (sp) ending up dying before mating. Actually here are pictures of my lugardi
and its enclosure if you notice the whole thing is dry, webbed up, and there is a hide. it usually only uses its hide to molt. other wise it hides out UNDER the hide. if you notices in one of the pictures you see the abdomen because its going under the hide.

Tcollector

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thank you.

I heard that they live in dry conditions and you should keep the enclosure dry. Is that correct?

If im not mistaking the substrate should be about 2 or 3 inches right?

Aschamne

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
These are also called fort hall baboons, and from what I understand there care is identical to OBTs.

Art

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thank you.

I heard that they live in dry conditions and you should keep the enclosure dry. Is that correct?

If im not mistaking the substrate should be about 2 or 3 inches right?
Yes that is right, honestly, I don't even use a water dish and he still does just fine but you can use one until your T's abdomen gets to the size of mine. I think mine doesnt need any water because its abdomen is so big it gets its water/food resources directly from the abdomen. but after it molts I'm going to put and keep a water dish in there until its abdomen reaches the size it is now.

Tcollector

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
One last thing. Where i want to buy one from they are 1 1/2". What size criter keeper do I need?

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
One last thing. Where i want to buy one from they are 1 1/2". What size criter keeper do I need?
I'm bad with inches but if it is the size of mine, you can keep it in the smallest critter keeper you can find. if its a little bigger than mine the next size up critter keeper will do just fine. And when you add substrate make sure it fills up most of the CK so that way if your lugardi climbs to the top it will have a small falling distance and wont get any type of injuries.

You can ask all the questions you want...Feel free...I'll try my best to answer all of them..and if I cant someone else will.