Blaptica Dubia Question??

Spc.Fred

Arachnopeon
I was wondering is there anyway to make Blaptica Dubia not reproduce itself? because im planning to get 100 to feed my T. Blondi I only own one T.

Last edited:

Uglykid2

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It's easy to tell the difference between adult males(have wings) and females(no wings). But keep a couple together so you'll have some replacements.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
ok I'll try to separate them then thanks... that was easy :}
Even easier way is to just drop the heat level. Dubia reproduce at a quick rate in the upper 80's low 90's. If you move the colony to the upper 60's your production is going to take a big nose dive. When you want more just move them back onto the heat.

Dom

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Separating them won't do much good. As long as the females have been mated, which is almost certain if they've been housed together, they can have several broods without male input.
Cooling works best.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You mean a roach won't eat a molting spider?
Who said that? :?
I bet a starving roach would try to munch on a molting T. They chew on each others wings and bits of legs so I don't see why they would not try to eat a T.

Uglykid2

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Even easier way is to just drop the heat level. Dubia reproduce at a quick rate in the upper 80's low 90's. If you move the colony to the upper 60's your production is going to take a big nose dive. When you want more just move them back onto the heat.
That's what I love about these forums. Even while giving out advise, you can still learn something you didn't think of! :D