Where To Find Enclosures?!?

mouse4duce

Arachnopeon
Hello my name is Julio. I have been looking into getting myself a T. But first i need the enclosures. Can anyone inform me on some websites where i can purchase those cool looking cubes. I would appreciate if more than one is provided. Thanks in advice Julio.

pearson340

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
sorry mate i wouldnt know best bet is to go to your biggest pet store like a warehouse or somthingif you ask me,i get mine from my local reptile house maybe one of the north american guys/woman can help you out

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have heard that many people use acrylic display cubes found at craft stores such as Michael's. I looked at the website but couldn't find the cubes, so it may be something that varies depending on which actual store you go to. I would check it out though. From what I hear, though, you have to drill the holes yourself. Tarantulacages.com(?) also sells display cases but they are expensive (for good reason, they're awesome). Good luck!

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What size of T are you getting? That is something we need to know as there arre different sizes of the kinds of containers you're lookin for.

mouse4duce

Arachnopeon
Hi . Ther Are A Few That I Whant But Relly Dont No Wut.but I No They May Rage From 2in To 6in Something Like That But Do You Know Of Anying Cool Cubes Where I Can Buy,

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here is a good site I use from time to time: They have lots of variety for different species. If you look through it I'm sure you'll find something. All you have to do is make air holes. Good luck

http://www.containerstore.com

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The containerstore site can be pretty daunting if you don't know exactly what you're looking for.
Try this link: http://www.containerstore.com/browse/index.jhtml?CATID=233&howMany=999&viewAll=true

The amac boxes near the bottom are way affordabl and come in sizes big enough for maybe a 3" juvenile or slightly bigger arboreals. There are display cases for basketballs that are about 12" cube. They're like $20 though. Same thing with beanie-baby-boxes.

UrbanJungles

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I usually head out to Micheal's for my cubes but as I late I'm on my 4th large arboreal from tarantulacages.com

I'm a big fan especially now that they open in front!

Skulnik

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The cubes from Michaels are OK for slings and juvies, but the problem is they're hard plastic and crack so easily.

They are the cheapest option, however, and they're great for arboreals because you can place the substrate and adhere whatever climbing medium you're using in the middle of what would typically be the lid. If the spider's on the cork bark you can just life the longer bottom off and change water, add crix or whatever.