Superworms

freetosting

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Would it be ok to feed a scorpion a super worm. I know about ppl feeding them to tarantulas and also feeding mealworms to both, but would super worms be fine to. And also should I diasble them so they don't dig in the soil. Thnx guys. Peace.

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I posted something on supers in the tarantula forum. It should still be at the top. Have a look. It was called superworm solution.

N.

neveragain

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i've fed super worms to all of my bigger scorpions (flat rock, emperor, and desert hairy) with no problems. my flat rock seems to like them more than anything else too. (superworms are the things he grabs the quickest)

Frank

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just one question.. if my scorp wants to eat mealworms, is it ok if i only feed him/her mealworms? Or should I still provide him crickets for other nutriments that the mealworm doesn't have?

Thanks, Frank

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by FrankQC
Just one question.. if my scorp wants to eat mealworms, is it ok if i only feed him/her mealworms? Or should I still provide him crickets for other nutriments that the mealworm doesn't have?

Thanks, Frank
It is recommended that you vary the diet. I'll give my inverts basically anything they'll eat. I hate crix, but if they won't take worms or beetles I deal with it :rolleyes:

N.

jper26

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Someone in the T forum posted a few weeks ago how much protein and nutrients there are in crickets,superworms ect. And crickets had the most protein.

Frank

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
jper, could you search for it please? I searched with a few keywords and I got nothing that looked like that, and as I never read the T section, I don't know how it looks like.

But is it fine to feed them 50/50 cricks/mealworms or will the mealworms remove them too much nutrients that cricks would normally give them?

Thanks, Frank

jper26

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I tried too find it Frank they post so many new ones in the T forum. I sent a message too the guy i think posted it hopefully he can find it.:)

Frank

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Okay, if ever you post it and I don't reply with a thanks, PM me please, I normally ready every posts in scorp section but who knows.. :)

Thanks, Frank

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
We feed are scorp and all our T's a wide diet. Crickets, mealworms, surperworms, wax worms, silk worms. I get the occasional fat roach and a pinky now and then for our larger beasties.
Our scorp seems to like them all and has no problems with them.
I pinch the heads of the supers a bit to stun them, not enough to crush but enough to stun them into writhing around and not digging in.