Red heat light SAFE for B. Dubia?

Spc.Fred

Arachnopeon
I just got in 100 B. Dubia and I'm trying to raise the temp up so they can reproduce I'm using red heat lamp right now and I was wondering if red light is safe for them?

Andrew273

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I don't see why not... I don't even heat mine though. Just be careful you don't cook them. Depending on the red light you are using, I know some are designed to create a basking area for lizards. That would be way too hot.

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
heating pad works much better..i'd only use a heat lamp if they were in a huge 25 plus gallon tub......

wayne

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I use a standard 60 watt heat lamp in a 10 gallon tank...that works fine for me.

TNeal

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I use a high quality human heating pad for mine. It has several setting from 1 - 6. I usually just keep it on 2 unless the weather is very cold.

Cyris69

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I use a 75 watt IR and a 4watt heat mat on the bottom.
They're in the garage so its pretty cold. Keeps them about 80F tops during this winter. In the summer much hotter so you don't have to use one or just a much smaller wattage bulb.

Xaranx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I just use a 12 watt heat mat, that along with the ambient heat from the lights on my shelving keeps it at a steady 80.