Inactive Usambara

chuck

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
i originally bought an Usambara b/c my Red Knee was inactive, now my Usambara spends every moment in her pipe hardly moving. she hasnt ate in about 3 weeks. i know shes alive b/c she does move inside the pipe. when i first got her, she was active, all over the place... as i expected her to be. but now shes boring me, i want the notorious Usambara.

Maybe its another Forest Bedding related problem? I hope not, b/c changing her tank will not be fun.....and my L.parahybana is also on the forest bedding, i hope she likes it (so far so good) b/c she attacks my tongs when i feed/clean her tank

:confused:

Lycanthrope

Arachnolord
Old Timer
sounds like premolt to me. after she molts she will probably be every bit of the superbitch you want, and then some.

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Our Usambra is the same way. She will come out a night and hunt for the crickets that are in her cage or decided to climb on the cage. Course if she thinks you are near by she runs back into her hiding spot in her pot :)

rob

Got Inverts?
Old Timer
Our Usambra is the same way. She will come out a night and hunt for the crickets that are in her cage or decided to climb on the cage. Course if she thinks you are near by she runs back into her hiding spot in her pot
My adult female is also the same way. Stays in her webbed up spot during the day, but comes out at night to feed and make the rounds in her cage. She's more skittish than mean. Now my H. lividum...she's mean!

chuck

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
is me being up till 3am a problem then? is she too affraid to come out even at night b/c she knows im around?
and i doubt it's premolt, she only ate 3 small roaches since her last molt (2 months ago)