Costa Rica

gdansey

Arachnopeon
I'm going to Costa Rica next month and was wondering if any one had done any tarantula hunting while down there. Are there any good areas to look or are they all over the place. I'm staying at the beach on the north west side of the country for the first five days and then going to wing it.

Glenn

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You might think of checking the local regulations on it first. The Costa Ricans might not want you taking their T.s Just a though...

gdansey

Arachnopeon
You might think of checking the local regulations on it first. The Costa Ricans might not want you taking their T.s Just a though...
No interest in taking any T's. I just want to take pictures and see them in their natural habitat. I guess "hunting" was the wrong word to use.

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i would contact Philth.he was down there and got to see some Megaphobema

tin man

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
dude, thats so cool. I dont know where to go t hunting but I'm also going to Costa Rica, but I'm going 2 months after you. just thought it was cool

Rydog

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Lets see, I was in Costa Rica and I found some mesomales around Monteverde. I also found some other sp. on the south-western coast near Tamarindo and Samara, I also remeber seeing a couple around Limon. They are basically everywhere in that country, I would go at night, going at day is pretty futile. Good luck and enjoy that spectacular country.:)