p. murinus

macjizzle

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
my sling just molted this week, i missed it. i want to know if and when it's okay to take the molted skin out. should i just leave it there? should i put the sling into another container before doing so? (his/her molt is right next to him/her). are they as agressive as they are when they are adults, during their time as a sling?

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This is why people have 12" tweezers. ;) you can take it out at any time.

spartybassoon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nah, they Usually won't be defensive, but they still are VERY fast, and you should be prepared for that

josh_cloud

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
if you put your finger in there when the sling is under 2" it'll usually run. they are fast, but not so defensive or bitey.

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
It's fine if you leave it in there. My big female webbed her skin into her burrow.

GOMER113

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I was doing some spot cleaning for my OBT slings today and I saw what looked like mold in one of the enclosures, so I didn't take any chances and changed out the substrate for all 6 of them. While doing so, I found molted skins in almost all the enclosures and I even got to handle a few of the slings while transporting them between their holding cell and their enclosure. 2 of them are at the 2" mark, 2 runts still at about 1", and 2 others at about 2 1/4".

I removed all the molted skins, but one of the slings decided to play tug-o-war with me for it. I won. :D

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I was doing some spot cleaning for my OBT slings today and I saw what looked like mold in one of the enclosures, so I didn't take any chances and changed out the substrate for all 6 of them. While doing so, I found molted skins in almost all the enclosures and I even got to handle a few of the slings while transporting them between their holding cell and their enclosure. 2 of them are at the 2" mark, 2 runts still at about 1", and 2 others at about 2 1/4".

I removed all the molted skins, but one of the slings decided to play tug-o-war with me for it. I won. :D
I have heard of this before and I find it hilarious. I have an adult OBT and a juvie under 2". I hope I get to play tug o' war. With the kid that is. And yes, she is already incredibly fast.