Feeding, and baby Crickets

Deadtomygirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but i feed my imperials about every 4 -5 days even if there are some crickets are still in there, am i over feeding? also i have noticed that i have got some baby crickets in there at the mo, i have had this problem before but i moved my scorps into there new home before it got to bad, but is this something for me to be worried about? i have heard that they are good to have in my viv, as if i ever have mites they will eat the mights how true is that?

Xaranx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Okay, you only need to offer prey once a week, and take it out after a night or two, if they don't eat it by then they will glady wait another week. Your emp only needs 2-3 a week. Having all those feeders in there constantly in close proximity has gotta be stressful. So take everything out, and feed her once a week, since you have been overfeeding her she might not eat much, they go for months without eating on a regular basis.

And no baby crickets aren't good for an eclosure. That's springtails you are thinking of. If you feed like I advised you do that should help your problem with getting cricket eggs in your tank. The black tube coming out the center of the 2 protusions on the rear end of the cricket is where they lay eggs. If you damage this they can't lay. Don't just cut it off, it's just a hollow tube, bend and crease it.

Normski2020uk

Arachnolord
Old Timer
As Xaranx said, just drop 3 or cickets in once a week leave over night then remove. Baby crickes will very realy live longe enough to pose any hazard, and die off very fast with no food.
Crimping the spike they lay through works, but to be honest i dont bother anymore, They dont live longenough, the only thing is they tend to crawl up the sealent, and escape. Wife hates it lol