Chilean Flame Tarantula (Euathlus sp. "Chile Flame"

Justyn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Out of all the tarantula species that came in from Chile, this is perhaps the most interestingly colored. Look at that red with the black. A dwarf species to boot!

Mature Male

Mature Female

Szopek

Arachnopeon
Very nice spider. My Euathlus be same - I home so:D

Ps. Sorry, my english in not perfect:p

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
how large is your female? my "red" and "yellow" girls are only about 2"

jen1302

Arachnopeon
Nice pics iv'e got a sling arriving tomorrow there so cute and loverly colour.

To add to my small but growing collection.

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
They are adorable!! I saw one at a show recently and didn't buy it because it is a mature male and there were no ladies available for him.
He was a very pretty baby and was gentle enough to be handled.

pearson340

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
just picked up 9 of these babys only slings but fingers crossed they all live long lives

hardtohandle

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello! I have a sling labeled "Euathlus ssp. 'Red'", will they turn out to be like that when it grows or its just another specie?

Thanks!!!

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
eric,
im pretty sure...i thought they were the same at first too but the guys at SSW said other wise..i know they had both at one time...

wayne

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thats interesting:? never saw both id's in the name like that???? ummm i know joel had 2 different species for sale, 1 was called sp "Chilean flame" and the other sp "red"... if they are the same could one b a dwarf species cuzz my flames are mature and 3"s.....

Stuart C

Arachnopeon
I was looking at sp. Red as well, whats the difference between the two? ( I too had been looking at The Spider Shop where they are labeled as sp. Red with common name Chile Flame)

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I was looking at sp. Red as well, whats the difference between the two?
i was under the understanding it was size but it seems it could be variants of the same species....mine are definitely dwarfs though i have heard where these do get to the 4"-5"s...i'm not sure now, thanks eric lol...

wayne

Stuart C

Arachnopeon
either way its a nice T and you know you will end up buying one of each anyway even if they do turn out to be the same lol {D

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yeah mine are cohabitating right now, soo i hope to have sacs in the near future...

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hi Wayne,

eric,
im pretty sure...i thought they were the same at first too but the guys at SSW said other wise..i know they had both at one time...

wayne
Different sources produced different common names.

There were slings from Europe (as "red") available before the WC's (as "chile flame") were available here. Same spider.

Most dealers only know what's been told to them (and sold to them) by the Chile guys... and I won't get started on them in this thread.

Eric