Costa Rican zebra help

gumby

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have had three Costa Rican Zebra or Aphonopelma seemani and none of them made a burrow they did push their bedding and everything else including their water dish all of the place but no matter how much substrait I gave them mine didnt burrow.:?

Crazy0monkey

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I have had three Costa Rican Zebra or Aphonopelma seemani and none of them made a burrow they did push their bedding and everything else including their water dish all of the place but no matter how much substrait I gave them mine didnt burrow.:?
yayy for no burrowing :D lol, aht about humidity? and how often u mist

gumby

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hmmm I dont have one right now but I really dont mist any of my Ts. I live in UT and its really dry here but the only T. Ive ever had issues with as far as maybe needing to be misted were my T. blondi just make sure he has a water dish and you should be ggood to go. Every once in a while I would dampen one corner and that was usually when mine would really start pushing dirt around

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I try to match my individual T's natural environment. Many of us here do, some do not. I also give them spacious enclosures. My A seemani does burrow btw, that's how he got the name "Digger." I keep him moist. He was in pre-molt for about 4 weeks and the day I finally decided to give him more humidity he molted.

Crazy0monkey

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I try to match my individual T's natural environment. Many of us here do, some do not. I also give them spacious enclosures. My A seemani does burrow btw, that's how he got the name "Digger." I keep him moist. He was in pre-molt for about 4 weeks and the day I finally decided to give him more humidity he molted.
damp substrate then? or kidna inbetween damp and dry

jen650s

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have a 2" with about 5" of substrate and it burrows all the way to the bottom regularly. For humidity I overfill the water dish occasionally.

Crazy0monkey

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I have a 2" with about 5" of substrate and it burrows all the way to the bottom regularly. For humidity I overfill the water dish occasionally.
Atm the substrate is wetish ---> damp by the time i get her it will be perfect

Danahan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have an A. seemani sling that I provided with 2 inches of damp eco-earth, which he has dug into quite an elaborate burrow. I also have an adult female brown phase that has never attempted to dig, but does live inside a den. I think each specimen has its own inherit tastes and preferences. Some will dig, others will do fine with a den, and still others might sit out in the open all day if they feel safe enough.

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Eep, I've never really kept my seemani's on damp substrate. I always have a full dish, though, and overfill regularly. Even if I happen to forget to overfill, they make sure to somehow splash water and drag dirt all over the place and make it humid themselves. :rolleyes: They're so fun!!! {D