A Weird Mutation!!

Mark Newton

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This mutation found in a coastal form of Isometroides...

The tarsal claws are growing out of the end of the 4th leg patella, erm, a few tarsal segments missing..LOL

Even the patella doesnt look normal....

CID143ti

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Pretty cool. Do you think that could be regeneration from a missing segment from an earlier molt or injury? Or have you seen this in multiple specimens? Just curious.

W. Smith

tyrel

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I just got a Hadrurus arizonensis for Christmas with the same thing, except her leg stops at the joint just above that one. I'd love to know what's up with that foot.

Mark Newton

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Pretty cool. Do you think that could be regeneration from a missing segment from an earlier molt or injury? Or have you seen this in multiple specimens? Just curious.

W. Smith

First time I've seen it and I dont know what it's from. Seems odd there are tarsal claws growing from what should be the patella.

Mark Newton

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I just got a Hadrurus arizonensis for Christmas with the same thing, except her leg stops at the joint just above that one. I'd love to know what's up with that foot.
Does yours have the tarsal claws growing from the end of the last segment as this one does?

tyrel

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Does yours have the tarsal claws growing from the end of the last segment as this one does?
Yes.

It's funny, most Hadrurus sp. carry thier tail straight above their body when agitated, but since mine has so much of it's back leg missing, it has to shift the weight of it tail to the side to stay upright.